It’s not always been easy
I can’t believe it’s been three years since I first set up LK Digital Marketing. It’s tougher than I thought, and there’s still a constant presence of highs and lows with never ending challenges always around the corner. But I can assure you it’s worth it in the end!
When the first payment came in
After two years of feeling lost and frustrated from losing a job that I loved. I worked hard to find something which was possible and fitted in with my current health condition. I remember my very first client buying my social media management services. I’d never set up a business before and felt unbelievably out of my depth. After a while, I started to find my feet. Slowly but surely the pieces to the puzzle started to fit together. Everything felt a little bit easier. You can only imagine what it was like to receive my first payment, hearing the ping when it reached my account. An incredible feeling.
A heart-felt thank you
Without my lovely clients, my small social media management business wouldn’t exist. A huge thank you to all my clients, past and present. You’ve been incredible to work with, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us both.
I look forward to working alongside you to grow and maintain your social media presence.
Fast forward three years…10 lessons I’ve learnt
- You will have a specific ideal audience and you will spend ages working it out.
- You can say no! There will be clients that don’t fit your ideal client avatar and it’s ok to turn down these clients.
- You’ll find ‘your people’ to support you. Thank you, LinkedIn folks! A big shout out to Samantha and Tom for your constant support.
- “Self-belief and hard work will earn you success”. You’ll often spend hours sitting in front of a screen, sometimes feeling like you’re wading through treacle, but take tiny steps and you’ll achieve your goals. Small steps are better than none.
- Take risks. If it’s of interest, and will benefit your business. Try it out! You never know where it may take you, If it doesn’t work, you’ve learnt from the experience.
- Ask for testimonials. You’ve worked hard. Be proud of your work and show people what your clients think.
- Find the right people to do the jobs you can’t. This is a massive time-saver and will save you a lot of stress!!
- Expect the unexpected. Clients will come and go. There may be some who leave that you don’t expect to. You’ll need to feel comfortable with this. You haven’t done anything wrong, it’s just the way business goes sometimes.
- Engage with your client’s social media posts. Give them a shout out. They will appreciate it!
- Never forget where you started. You may feel like you have a long way to go, but always remember how far you’ve come.